Technology is changing every day. We see new devices and concepts available in the market every now and then. As of today, we know that computers are making all the ground-breaking discoveries. One of the major technological marvels is Digital Marketing. So, today we will discuss the concept of digital marketing in the present era, and why it is important.
As per Wikipedia, “Marketing is the study and management of exchange relationships. It is the business process of identifying, anticipating, and satisfying customers’ needs and wants.”
In other words, marketing allows a person to have a grasp of his business in the market. It also helps the target customers to know about the existence of a new product.
Let’s see some of the old/ traditional marketing techniques –
- Signboards – Signboards are huge display boards that contain information about a particular brand.
- Print Ads – This was also quite effective, as print ads were able to target a lot of the population.
- Telemarketing – The old marketing strategies also include telemarketing, which means cold calling people to sell a product or service.
We all know how technology is changing the world. It has changed a lot of factors that influence our life. Including our lifestyle, It has also grown in the marketing field.
We divide Marketing techniques into two categories: ‘traditional’ and ‘modern’. The strategies we discussed earlier are now a part of traditional marketing. So now let’s talk about modern marketing –
Modern Marketing is an approach that connects businesses with target customers. It derives results by merging strategy, creativity, technology, and analysis.
According to Wikipedia, “Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes the internet and online-based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones, and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.”
In other words, digital marketing consists of techniques that work on digital platforms. It is a part of modern marketing techniques.
Advertisements are displayed throughout the web pages to increase awareness. Online platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc. are used to publish digital advertisements and they aim to increase brand awareness as well as sales.
- International Reach – Digital marketing enables a marketer to serve advertisements all around the world. They use it to promote goods and services. This concept helps people to serve in the global market.
- Reduced Costs – Due to online marketing, its cost has been reduced drastically. You can start your campaigns at a very low price.
- Ease– Digital marketing helps you to modify the ad copy on the go. This is also possible in traditional marketing, but you cannot correct a spelling mistake in your newly printed flyers, can you?
- Measurable results – You can also track the performance of your advertisements. All the statistical data is provided to you, which can be used to brush up on your upcoming ads.
- Effective customer targeting– Targeting customers is easy, effective, and efficient. Digital marketing allows you to target your customers based on various factors. These factors include gender, location, likes, dislikes, etc. This hones the performance of your advertisements and shows ads only to those people who are most likely to buy the product you are selling.
Digital marketing is based on the use of the internet therefore, its scope is very wide. There are more than 4 billion internet users in the world, and this figure is constantly increasing.
Check https://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/ to know the current statistics.
Though not all internet users will buy your products, you still have the chance to pitch your product to all of them.
In short, technology has evolved a lot and digital marketing is one of its technological wonders. It has completely changed its marketing techniques and strategies.
Share your views in the comment section.